Administration Palace was the first modern building of the XX century situated in the centre of the city. The building was built between 1905-1907 on the initiative of the mayor György Bernády.
The building has a 55 m high tower. The external decorations are covered with colored majolica tiles in shades of green and mustard yellow, which gives palace a particular appearance.
For 55 years the building was the headquarters of City Hall. Also, the building has a significant architectural value, as it is under the umbrella of secession style.
From 1962 until present building has been the administrative headquarters of the County Council and the Prefecture Mures.